Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pink Wednesday @ Baskin Robbins

I've always only heard over the radio, the advertisement on Baskin Robbins' Pink Wednesday. You show the staff something you have in pink, and you get a discount! But I've always got no chance to take advantage of this pink campaign. Simply because there isn't a single Baskin Robbins outlet over in East Malaysia. How pathetic, right?

Anyway .... I happened to be at one Baskin Robbins' outlet in KL, after grocery shopping last Wednesday night. While waiting for my family, I ventured into the outlet and surveyed the flavours. Actually, I had not realised that it was a Wednesday night. Till Bro drew my attention to a tiny cardboard on the counter.


Bro opted for one Happy 8 ... but they'd run out of the waffle cone. We could have 8 tiny scoops of ice-cream in a cup but for the same price. So then, we changed our minds and decided to go for the Double Jr. Scoop instead. The regular price was RM9.50 ... but on a Pink Day, we could have it for RM7.50.

My ice-cream .... 
I opted to have Chocolate Trilogy at the bottom and Citrus Twist Ice on top. Chocolate Trilogy is a concoction of chocolate fudge, white and Swiss chocolate, chocolate chips and chocolate covered pretzels. I found this flavour to be very satisfying. The Citrus Twist Ice is just lemon and lime flavoured ice ... but I loved the tangy and refreshing taste. 

The ice-cream made a great dessert after dinner ..... and I just wish I could have it more often, like every Wednesday or something. ;P

4 comments:

  1. Baskin Robbins' opening its 1st Kuching outlet this month @ CityONE. Located at ground level, behind Metrojaya next to Chattime. Something I've been looking forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! I was at CityONE the other day, and Chattime wasn't even opened yet. Glad to have another outlet in Kuching to hang out for wonderful ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BR opens its CityONE outlet on Monday 17th June 10 am, This is the 2nd BR outlet in East Malaysia, the first in 1Borneo which opened for business on 30th May. Can't wait ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Go this Wednesday to enjoy great ice-cream at discounted price!! :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...