Friday, June 28, 2013

Drunken Chicken In Claypot

My friend recommended this claypot soup dish at Uncle 71 Cafe at Permyjaya.

Drunken Chicken In Claypot, RM7.00

When the pot was placed on the table, and the lid opened, I caught a strong whiff of yellow wine. The thing was that the pot was on the next table. The smell was indeed so strong. They either used very good quality wine or a very large amount of wine.

So I decided to give it a try. And I totally enjoyed the soup. It had strips of ginger and wolfberries, black fungus, black mushrooms, and many pieces of chicken. The chicken soup was very comforting and tasted very good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...