Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dinner @ Tony Roma's

We had dinner at Tony Roma's the other night. I've always wanted to try this place, purportedly to serve the best ribs in town!

Fried Calamari

Grilled Chicken & Fire Roasted Vegetables Salad

A Full Slab Of Bountiful Ribs
With French Fries and Ranch Style Beans

Pineapple Sunrise 

Well, 4 items we ordered. The bill came to more than RM150. To me, it was darn expensive. Was it filling? Not really. 

What I liked. 
  • The toasted cheddar flatbread on the salad.... was rich and cheesy and crispy and was really pleasant to chew on
  • The combination of chicken and colourful vegetables in the salad, the smoky taste of the roasted vegetables were great
  • The tenderness of the meat off the ribs, the superb taste of the BBQ sauce. The meat was really tender and came off at the gentlest manipulation; The meat, coated with the dark-coloured rich, sweet and tangy sauce was divine indeed. 
  • The fries were good .... thick, yet light and crispy 
  • The ranch style beans were excellent. It was my favourite side dish of the night. It had a great consistency, and was fragrant with spices, notably cumin. The beans were really soft and tasty. I could have 2 bowls easily ... and just pass me that bag of corn chips and I'd be happy.
Would I be back? Well, for the beans, yes. And I'd like to try the other stuff on the menu ..... like the steak, pasta and burgers. Till next time ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...