Monday, June 24, 2013

Surf & Turf Miri

Surf & Turf. Seafood & Meat.

An eatery named Surf & Turf opened in Pujut 7, Miri. And we headed there for dinner one night ....

So pretty .... 

Upon walking into the restaurant, I was enchanted with these little decorations. They weren't real, but I thought they were really pleasing to the eye. The restaurant was brightly lit, and furnished with light-coloured tables and chairs. I thought it exuded a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. There weren't many tables inside though. I counted about 7 tables, perhaps. 

On the menu was a combination of seafood, meat, soups, pastas a burger, and some side dishes. We perused the menu for a while before deciding on ................

 Mixed fruit juice, RM7.90
I requested for a mixture of apple and orange juice with no sugar. Not only did I love the pretty little jar the drink was served in, I also liked the refreshing drink.

 Papaya Salad, RM7.90
The salad was a little sweet and a tangy. My friend said she could use a bit more sugar in there, but I did not mind the sourish salad. The papaya was a little tough to chew for me, though. This was fusion cuisine, so I suppose it was alright not to be authentic. My friend said she preferred the original Thai som tam with long beans and chopped peanuts and the works. 

Meli Melo of Seafood, RM15.90
This linguine had a mixture of seafood in there, namely prawns, squids and 2 pieces of mussels. It tasted heavy and rich with cream, and infused with herbs. I quite enjoyed the pasta, except that I wished for the taste of seafood to be a little more prominent. Perhaps a bit more of seafood in the dish would do no harm. I  was thinking of perhaps a few more chunks of fish .... hmn.... 

Slow Cooked Cod Fish Steak with honey, miso-glazed, olives and roasted root vegetables, RM25.90
That was what the menu said ... and I thought it was not really clear where the miso and olives were .... hmn .... on the fish?? My friends enjoyed the delicately flavoured roasted root vegetable dices. The fish was nice too. I liked the way it was charred to enhance texture and taste. 

Grilled Seabass with lemon butter sauce and roasted vegetables, RM18.90
The serving was huge, and I liked the fish. Its skin was grilled and brown, and yet the flesh inside was still juicy and moist. The lemon butter complemented the fish very well. 

Total bill was RM85.60. The food was not bad, and the staff was quite accommodating, and the ambience warm and friendly, and the price reasonable. I would say that I would come back for the meat dishes ..... stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi.. thanks for the post,our restaurant will really appreciate it :) i am one of the ex staff there :) once again,thank you and hope to keep on giving recommendations for us for a better improvement :)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...