Monday, June 10, 2013

Simple Homemade Food

I guess everyone was kind of tired of eating out, including myself. So, we opted for simple homecooked meals at home. Mom's not around to cook for us, So ..... when left on my own, I go for fuss-free dishes that are simple to make. 

For bro's sake, there must be a compulsory meat dish - chicken, beef or fish. I always opt for chicken as it's versatile enough to be cooked in any way I like, and with minimal ingredients too.

Lemongrass chicken

Dried chilli chicken


Chicken in ginger

Hey ... they ll have the same colour .... but taste distinctively different. My favourite among the three would be the dried chilli chicken, which is fiery spicy and tangy. A bit too spicy, Bro said. Well ... yeah ... but it was sure appetising. 

Then of course, vegetables are a must for every meal. It's pretty simple to stir-fry a vegetable anytime.

Mustard green 

Baby romaine lettuce

Spinach

Then spontaneously, I decided on cooking a seafood egg tofu dish

Egg Tofu with squid rings and prawns

Sometimes .... I thought some dishes tasted funny .... I told Bro and sil so .... but they did not mind. Every meal, we finished our simple homemade food with relish. ;P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...