Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chicken With Basil On White Rice

And so I had forgotten all about lunch, and by the time I remembered, the food court was already packed with people. Actually, I did not know what I wanted to eat. I walked along the row of stalls .... back and forth .... and I still did not know what to eat.

Finally, I stopped at this booth called Rama 9 at Food Republic, which sold Thai food. I think the menu was not very friendly and it got me confused as the items did not really match the food platter samples on display. There were set meals available for RM13.90 but they did not appeal to me.

I stood there for a long time ..... and after some inquiry with the staff, I decided to have Chicken with Basil on white rice. It was RM9.90 per serving. I paid the lady, and she called out my order to the lady behind her who was the main cook. I waited for some five minutes .... and then my food was served.

Chicken with basil on White Rice
There was a ball of rice, a spoonful of stir-fried cabbage and carrots, and 2 slices of cucumber as garnishing. The chicken looked really nice, and  promising a really satisfying experience. Shiok as some people would say ...  

Unfortunately, taste wise, it disappointed big time. It was a neither-here-nor-there kind of dish .... not spicy enough, not sweet enough, not salty enough, not tangy enough ...... flavours were definitely lacking here. I regretted ordering it. I ate the pieces of chicken and some vegetables, and left most of the other stuff untouched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...