Friday, May 31, 2013

Kimchi Ramen Hotpot

I had a large tub of Kimchi in the fridge. Well .... I'd bought it sometime back from the Korean mart here in Kuching, but could not finish eating it. So .... I thought I would stew it with pork belly and serve it with some instant ramen noodles.

Kimchi Ramen Hotpot

Well, there were plenty of recipes for Kimchi Jjigae or Kimchi Stew online .... and they gave me a sort of idea about how I should go about cooking my own, with the ingredients that I had .

So, in my pot .... I sauteed some chopped garlic with sesame oil and then browned a batch of pork belly slices before adding a substantial amount of Kimchi. Then, I added water and stewed it for about 30 minutes.

Before I served the hotpot, I cracked in an egg, added in blanched instant ramen and the flavouring. I liked Paldo's Kimchi Ramen .... but which Tontantin, the ramen lover, only rated 2/5 on Youtube.

Paldo's Instant Kimchi Ramen

Inside the package ... 

Whatever it is, my parents enjoyed the stew .... Mom said it was rather appetising. Wheee .... happy :))

2 comments:

  1. It's my favourite instant noodle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my fav kimchi flavoured noodle indeed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...