Friday, May 10, 2013

Borneo Jazz Festival 2013 : The Eve

This is THE weekend. The Borneo Jazz Festival is on!! What's there to shout about? Well, first and foremost, an eclectic mix of award-winning jazz musicians are gathering in this annual celebration of music. Still not excited? Hmn .... well .... this is almost a world class event. One that brings an influx of music lovers from all corners of the globe. How about that? Music isn't your thing? Hmn ... then what about local arts and crafts, and also food to entice visitors?

Yesterday evening, I took a stroll at the venue at the Parkcity Everly Hotel ....

The logo

I sat by the poolside ... and looked up to see a cluster of coconut trees above me .... 

And ahead of me, preparation was still underway ....

Setting up ....  

Putting up the lights ... 

The opening of the event was held at the Pavillion. There was an attempt to showcase the local Sarawakian cuisine to the international crowd, which was made up of the performers and the media.

Since food is my passion, I am really proud to be introducing some of our local favourites to our international friends.

Kerabu Midin
I loved this spicy, tangy, and crunchy ferns which was flavoured with onions and ginger flower. It's really tasty and appetising, and ONLY  found in Sarawak. 

Ayam Pansuh 
This is chicken cooked in bamboo. I thought this was a great dish to serve as it so represents Sarawak. The chicken was tender enough, and had all the right flavours infused. However, they should have gone easy on the salt. Such a pity. 

From the grills .... 
My favourite on the plate would be the deep-fried fish. They were crunchy and salty and really very tasty.

Sarawak Laksa
Hmn .... tasted strange to me, perhaps because I am more accustomed to a richer and more robust gravy. 

The festival begins Friday, 10 May 2013. Ticketing information here, or can be obtained at the Parkcity Everly Hotel lobby. Buy early, lest you miss out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...