Monday, May 13, 2013

Borneo Jazz Festival 2013 : Airbrush Tattoo

Do you remember me? I asked the tattoo artist.

He looked at me blankly. 

Okie. He did not remember me. But I do remember him as a former student of mine. That was probably more than a decade ago. :P

***

One attraction at the Borneo Jazz Festival is the Craft Bazaar. It is an avenue for the local craftsmen and artisans to display and sell their handmade handicrafts.

 The Craft Bazaar
Pic Source : Sarawak Tourism Board

There are booths selling handmade trinkets, batik, kebaya, paintings, and so on. But a popular booth amongst the young and the old is the airbrush tattoo booth. For as low as RM15.00, one could get one part of one's body decorated with artistic and colourful prints. And all in a matter of a few minutes. 

The tiger lady ... ;P
Pic source : Sarawak Tourism Board

My friend, M**** sat on the idea of getting a temporary tattoo done, and she finally did it on the second night. 

First, a stencil is stuck on the body. M**** chose to have her body art on her lower inner right calf, just above her ankle. 
A treble clef, befitting the theme of the whole event :))

The tattoo artist actually stuck the clef upside down at first. Fortunately I saw it and had it corrected. Otherwise, M**** would end up wearing an rotated treble clef. Lol. 
 Airbrushing in process
One could choose their favourite colours for the tattoo. I suppose many people prefer black. M**** asked for a blend of black and blue for hers. 

 Done in just 2 minutes and customer was rather satisfied with the result

Ta-da! Beautiful! 

The tattoo will wash off in a week and cost RM25.00.  It was really fun and interesting for everyone. Love it! :))

1 comment:

  1. hi, im william (tattoo artist)
    im your student? can u email me williamsobo@hotmail.com to refresh my mind. :P

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...