Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Freshly Made Chai Kueh

I walked past the petrol station ... on my way from the wet market to the shops ... and there was this vendor selling Chai Kueh on the floor .... a young man with 2 trays of Chai Kueh in front of him. They looked very fresh.

I'd not seen him before. But Mom says he sells his kueh once in a while around the area. His Chai Kueh was selling quite briskly .... so how can I not buy, right?

 Freshly made, RM0.50 each 

There were a few types of filling .... shredded jicama ... and salted vegetables ....

The filling ...
The vegetables were quite generous and crunchy. It meant that the vegetables were shredded by hand. The filling too tasted of dried prawns ... Mom liked the pastry skin which was springy and chewy. 

Overall, it was not bad, really. No wonder so many people are buying .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...