Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Shoes

I sat down at the steps, joining a row of my colleagues who were already seated there. It was sports day, and it was hot at the fields ... so we were all seeking refuge in the shade.

"Look at her shoes ... how much do you think it is?" my colleague G* asked me, pointing to the feet of another colleague, L***.

I checked the shoes out, but I did not guess the price correctly.

L*** went on to tell us that it was a fake pair of branded shoes, which she had bought from an old Auntie who set up stall on the floor at the market. That was not the point. The point was that the shoes were lightweight and ultra comfortable.

Both G* and I were interested in the shoes. G* said they would be great for travelling, while I thought I could wear it for light activities. That weekend, I drove to the market with the intention of seeking out the old Auntie. Well, she had clothings ... and even undies ..... but no shoes. 

***

Outside the KPCA every morning is a lady vendor. Initally, we thought she's from China. But she is not. She is a local. She sells her wares on the floor as well. And she sells a variety of things .... shirts, pants, jeans, torch lights, tea and so on. 

The other day, when I walked past with Mom, I saw that she had the shoes that L*** wore. There were white ones and black ones too. I was interested so I stopped and browsed. And it happened that she had my size. So I had to buy it. RM24.00 only.

New shoes ... yay!! 

I paid, put them on and immediately wore them for my walk back home. Indeed, very light ... and comfy .... and great for walking. So well .... love the new shoes, love the cheap price .... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...