Monday, May 27, 2013

Fresh Fruit Juice

I did not know what occasion it was at Parkson the other weekend .... but the store was rebating RM100 for every RM300 spent. It was of course, limited to the first 400 customers storewide. I did not actually have anything to buy .... but I decided to stock up on my cosmetics. Buy first .... after all, I would be using them sooner or later. I spent a total of RM303.80 on 2 items ... and got back RM120 in vouchers. There was an additional RM20.00 for cosmetics purchase. How worth it!!

Shopping vouchers worth RM120.00

But then, I too did not have anything to purchase with the vouchers .... till Mom said she needed a new blender. Perfect. We both shopped for the appliance one afternoon ... and ended up topping up only RM25.00 to purchase a 4-in-1 blender. There's the blender, chopper, miller and a filter contraption.

Blender, inserted with a filter

Needless to say, I had to test it out today. I did not have a specific recipe for my juice. I had in there some oranges, carrots, cucumber and starfruit.

Mixed fruit and vegetable juice 

Hmn .... the new blender, of course, did quite a good job pulping the fruits ... and filtering the juice. It was easy to wash the filter as well as the pulp did not stick to the mesh. I was quite happy with the result.

As for my juice .... well .... hmn ... it did not taste sweet enough because my proportion of fruits to vegetables was not right. Lol. It made me feel healthy, nonetheless. Maybe I'll be drinking a glass a day ..... to keep sickness at bay. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...