Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Awaiting The Borneo Jazz Festival 2013

I attended the inaugural Borneo Jazz Festival ... and that was way back in 2005, when it was still known as the Miri International Jazz Festival. Against the backdrop of a luxurious hotel surroundings, amidst the setting sun and the cool sea breeze, I strolled on the sand as I mingled in the crowd of people, locals and foreigners alike .... all there just for one reason. To soak in the groovy rhythms of jazz.

I vividly remember the very relaxed atmosphere at the festival .... where I hanged out with a group of friends over some food and drinks, while we awaited the performances of the live bands. At one area, there were some stalls set up to sell local arts and crafts.

But that was a long, long time ago. Back then, my friend l was still single. AT, my old friend, was still freely indulging a couple of beers. Fast forward to 2013, a good 8 years later .... L has a school-going son and AT no longer drinks for health reasons.

That's life constantly changing, evolving. Just like the festival which had evolved from its humble beginnings to what it is now.

This year, I hope to be making my way to the Borneo Jazz Festival after such a long hiatus. It will be held from 10 - 11 May right at Park City Everly Hotel. Its organiser is the Sarawak Tourism Board, and there will be a line-up of 8 jazz groups  from all over the world to perform. Of all the groups, I will be looking forward to listen to The Nylons, an a capella from Canada, cause I just love singing in harmonies!!

Source : Sarawak Tourism Board 

Of course ..... a big, big attraction for me would be of course, food. Not sure what's there in store at the Food Mart, but I'm sure they will be yums.

Anyone else going? Ticket information available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...