Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Play

I felt a little cheated.


Linguine Marinara, RM12.00
Cause it was supposed to be linguine and NOT spaghetti. Geez, didn't I know how to tell the difference between the pasta? One was flat and the other rounded, for goodness sake! Then, the menu explicitly mentioned that there would be fish in the dish. I did not find a single piece. There were only dices of those frozen suriirmi crab sticks. Basically, it was a tomato based spaghetti in surimi sticks and baby tomatoes. Thank goodness I liked the use of sweet baby tomatoes and fresh herbs. Else ......................... anyway, I felt really cheated. 

Chicken Wrap, RM7.50
The presentation was good. The taste was alright. There were chicken and some shredded vegetables in there .... but I thought the rolls were just too skinny. I really liked the fatly compact ones for ultimate indulgence. The flavoured french fries were quite alright. 

Shrimp Paste Wings, RM8.50
Well, the chicken wings were crisp, except that I thought it tasted funny. One could argue that shrimp paste wings were supposed to be pungent. Hmn ..... 

Carrot and Orange, RM8.50 each
Probably the only items I did not have issues with ..... these cold thirst quenchers were rather enjoyable and refreshing.

The bill came to RM45.00. Would I go back? Hmn .... I can't help but still feel rather cheated .... though I did like the ambience and the comfy chairs there ..... what a pity.

3 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...