Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stall 34 Wei Xiang

Each noodle stall at the Kenyalang Wet Market has its own faithful followers. Essentially, each stall sells the same thing, i.e. kolo mee or dry-tossed noodles. However, the noodles taste invariably different at each stall.

I haven't eaten kolo mee at Stall 34 for a long time, so I thought I would give it a go. After Mom and I finished shopping for fresh produce, we went upstairs where the food stalls were. We placed for our order, and had to wait for a while. They was a long line of customers ahead of us ... some dining in and some taking away.

I chose to take away my noodles to eat at the comfort of my home.

Kolo Mee, RM2.50

Well, I must say that the noodles tasted quite good.
1) It had all the necessary ingredients. My only complaint was the colour of the char siew, which looked very artificial.
2) The noodles smelled fragrant and tasted great. They were still springy even though I ate them a long while later.
3) The portion was generous too.

I was quite happy with the kolo mee, and hence I patronised this stall twice within a week. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...