Monday, April 8, 2013

Oops

There's a single ATM at my neighbourhood. And I was queueing up to withdraw some money. I was third in the line ... and in front of me was a young man in uniform. While he was waiting for his turn, his colleague was speaking on the phone. His colleague was standing at a distant.

When he finished his call, he joined his friend in front of me. He took out his ATM card, so it looked like he was going to cut the queue.

I was annoyed.

His friend carried out 2 transactions on the ATM, and he was done. Then, this fellow was about to insert his ATM card into the card slot ....

"You should queue up," a voice said in English.

I was shocked. Did I really say that?

He stopped his hand in mid-air .... turned back to look at me ... and then gave way to me. He was going to leave ... but he said ...

"I came with him," he said in Hokkien ... his hand pointing to his friend and left.

Well, you were not standing in the queue in the first place, I said.

Anyway, I think I should thank my lucky stars that he did not beat me up or argue with me. Phew!

Did I do it right? Should I have told him off? Or should I have just let him go ahead with the transaction? Sigh .... why do I feel bad about the whole thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...