Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kompia With Spicy Belacan Pork Belly

My neighbour came back from Sibu ... and bought us some kompia. It is after all, a pastry which is representative of Sibu.

I like kompia a lot. It's dense and savoury, a little bit smoky in flavour and fragrant of sesame seeds. I would eat it on its own, especially when it's fresh.

The other day, however, I thought I would stuff the kompia with meat.

Stuffed Kompia with Pork Belly

Normally, kompia is filled with minced pork or soy braised pork belly. The other day, I stuffed it with a spicy belacan pork belly stir-fry. And it tasted nice too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...