Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Le Pliage Pewter Zipper

I had wondered whether my bilberry Longchamp Le Pliage Type M  short handle tote was a fake ... cause the zip puller was not gold in colour.

Other than the zip puller, the rest of the bag looked ok : flap and strap felt and smelt like leather .... perfectly imprinted jockey logo ... good quality vinyl in a rich purple colour ... gold snap buttons with correct wordings and reinforced with round plastic discs. I was only troubled by the zip puller. The details were there but the colour was all wrong.

So I hesitated about using it. It sat in the plastic packaging for a long time. Till the other day .... I was at a coffee shop when I saw a lady using the same model, but in fushcia. I paid close attention to her bag, squinted my eyes till I caught sight of the zipper pull.

And guess what? It wasn't gold in colour as well. Only then did I conduct a search online. Well, I found out that authentic Le Pliage could have hardware in gold, pewter, and silver. It depended on the size and model of the bag. And apparently, type M short handle totes came with the pewter zip pullers .....

Pewter zip puller

Okie ... I was glad to know that my bag was authentic after all .... So I took it out from the packaging and started using it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...