Friday, April 19, 2013

Kolo Mee @ Thian Ho

I'm always looking for delicious kolo mee or dry-tossed noodles here in Miri. So far, those that have made an impression are Guang Xiang Ju and Stall 13 at New Yakin.

Lots of people seem to order the kolo mee at Thian Ho, Pujut 1. So I decided to try it today ....

Kolo Mee, RM2.50 

The verdict?

Well, firstly, it smelled good. There was lard in there, I know.

Looks wise, all the right ingredients were there. The ever so necessary char siew bbq pork, the minced pork, the chopped spring onions and also the deep-fried shallots.

Before one tucked in, the noodles had to be tossed so that the oils and seasonings that sank to the bottom of the bowl would moisten the noodle strands. Here, the noodles were moist enough.

One slurp, and I found that the noodles were a tad overcooked that evening. It affected the texture of the noodles. Instead of being springy, the noodles were soggy. Unfortunately.

Taste wise, hmn ..... so-so, cause the noodles were not salty enough for me. Perhaps another dash of light soy sauce or half a teaspoon of salt to enhance the flavour.

I ate the noodles with lots of pickled red cut chillies and vinegar.

To conclude, not really that great, but edible enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...