Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 3 : The Best Breakfast

Breakfast was at the same place where we had dinner the night before, the Hua Tian Restaurant. Today's breakfast was an elaborate affair as choices were abundant. I had ..... 


  1. Sweet cherry tomatoes - fresh, juicy and sweet
  2. Corn cooked in milk - the corn was not sweet, but I loved to chew on the fibrous flesh
  3. Egg fried rice - fluffy, fragrant and yummy
  4. Sausage - tasted way too sweet for my liking
  5. Bacon - I liked the salty meat ... yums 
  6. Youtiao - hmn .... again ... tasteless 
  7. Black Rice Cake or 黑米糕 - the cake was really yum ... it was made of black glutinous rice and sugar, not too sweet and pleasant to eat



  1. Pumpkin seed bun - geez it was served cold 
  2. Stir-fried white chilli with pork - I was asked to try this dish by MH. Well, it was not that spicy, but I thought the flavours were a bit too strong for my liking
  3. Green chillies with black fungus - I preferred this tasty dish, which was fragrant and full of crunchy texture from the chillies and fungus
  4. Tofu skin in sesame oil - cold tofu skin with chilli and very fragrant because of the sesame oil. Loved it a lot.
  5. Pigs' ears with Chinese celery - cold crunchy and chewy thin slices of pigs' ears served with a spicy and tangy sauce, and very fragrant too because of the celery
 Having my fill of tofu skin and pigs' ears .... 

And finishing up with a tub of plain yoghurt .... 

What a grand breakfast. Burp. It was time to jump into the van for the next destination - Fenghuang Old Town.

3 comments:

  1. FengHuang is beautiful, like its unique architecture and river ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite breakfast in Hunan was porridge. Steamed taros are also delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh .... I din have eat taros at all! :(

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...