Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 6 : Dinner

It was dark by the time we exited Wulingyuan. But before we could go back to the hotel, we were brought for dinner. Dinner was at a neighbouring hotel, just down the road. I couldn't remember the name, unfortunately.

Radish & chicken soup, Omelette hidden behind ...
The clear soup was nutritious, sweet and delicious; The egg omelette, as always, was fluffy and irresistable. I've eaten more eggs in a day than I should! Cholesterol, please stay away. I promise to stay away from eggs after the trip.  

String beans stirfry

Lettuce Stirfry
Both plates of vegetables were cooked plain ... not much of flavour for the string bean, but the lettuce had this very fragrant taste. Hmn ... both platters were greasy, though ... 

Pork Trotters in Pepper
This dish had a very intense flavour because of the use of chillies and peppercorns; I thought the spices overpowered everything else, and I did not like it. Probably cause I was not accustomed to the heady flavours of chilli.

Cured Goose Meat with Peppers
I loved this dish ... the peppers sweet and crunchy, the meat salty and yum .... it was nice with rice.

After all that walk on the mountain, I indulged myself in a beer ...

Yums .... mild, light and fizzy, and very satisfying :))

At the dining hall, there were many Chinese paintings hung on the wall .... and there was an artiste painting at one corner of the hall. It seemed that guests could buy the paintings which they liked off the wall. We did not buy any, though.

After dinner, we headed back straight away to the hotel. I lingered in the lobby for a while to use the wi-fi ... People of all ages hung about the lobby .... all equipped with either a smart phone or a tablet, tapping the screens away. There were many South Koreans, Taiwanese, Indonesians .... and of course, fellow Malaysians.

3 comments:

  1. Quite a satisfactory meal to me.
    Did your tour take you to the Chinese medical store? A sinsei there forced me to buy a pack of tablets which cost RMB800. It was a decision that I regretted very much. I still haven't taken the tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we were brought "shopping". That was our guide's term.

    First, we were brought to a medical hall. We were given free reflexology, but as the ladies worked on our feet, their mouths worked to persuade us to buy some medicinal ointment and bear's bile. I refused to buy anything as I thought they were all overpriced.

    Next, we went to the tea hall. Black tea was RMB800.00. We refused to buy again, and the lady there said something nasty.

    Then, we were brought to buy jade and silk duvet .... Near RMB1000.00 for silk beddings? I did not think they were worth that much. Again, it was like daylight robbery.

    And finally, we went to a place which sold stuff made of bamboo charcoal ... I bought a pair of tourmaline knee guard for my dad. Cost me about RMB158.00, but hmn .... the cost price could probably be just RMB15.80 or less for all I know.

    The "shopping" trips were a bore, if you asked me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are assertive in saying no and I should learn to be like you. I got wavered easily.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...