Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 7 : Lunch

We were on our way to the Dragon King Cave which was slightly outside of town .... and we stopped by for lunch at a restaurant along the way ....

Mushroom soup
I loved the assorted chewy mushrooms in the soup

Cold tofu
The tofu was soft and delicious, I also liked the spicy and savoury chilli sauce which I thought flavoured the tofu beautifully

Deep-fried Rabbit 
This was a spicy dish with heady, almost smoky flavours of chilli .... I don't eat rabbit, but I picked at the deep-fried peanuts

Roasted chicken
The chicken tasted flavourful, but the portion was small ... but the meat had been torn into bite-sized pieces, making it easier to eat

Pork skewers
These skewers were beautifully grilled .... and were so very tasty; the marinade was sweet, savoury and slightly spicy and the great thing was that it infused the pieces of pork wonderfully; however, the pieces there were actually pork fat ... and not meat ..... eeeeew .... I just could not bring myself to eat pieces of pork fat. Hmn ..... 

Stir-fry mustard green

Soy sprouts and spring onions 

Lotus root stir-fry
This dish was stir-fried plain, but was absolutely delicious. It was my favourite dish on the table today. First up, the lotus root was white in colour! The ones I'd seen back home were tinged pink, so it did not seemed as appetising as these fresh ones here. Then, the lotus root was sliced very thinly ... and they were very crunchy to the bite. I was sure that it was fried with a bit of lard .... making the dish very aromatic and tasty. 

Aaah .... so much food! But never mind, we were going for a long walk later on. Next stop, the Dragon King Cave.  

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...