Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 8 : Lunch @ Changde

We left Zhangjiajie after visiting the Junsheng Sand Painting Gallery .... there were lots of beautiful paintings which were painted using sand, gravel, tree barks ... and other natural materials. The paintings were mostly of the natural landscape of Zhangjiajie.

After that, we headed back to Changsha. We drove and drove and drove ... and we finally reached Changde, in time for a late lunch.

The table setting 
This dining hall was part of a hotel. Its hall was beautifully set up, brightly lit and with nice-looking cutlery.

Corn Soup

Century Egg
This simple dish was served with pickled chillies. I had never eaten my century eggs this way, but the tangy chopped chillies went rather well with century eggs. I loved this dish. 

Spicy Pork Trotters
The thing with trotters was there weren't any meat ... all tendons. I suppose people ate trotters because they liked the texture of the chewy tendons and the bouncy skin .... but I still liked my trotters to have some meat.

Steamed fish
I found the fish to be "fishy" ... and very bony too 


Pork & String Beans Stirfry
Now, I loved this spicy dish ... the pork and vegetables were stir-fried in a concoction of chillies and fermented bean paste ... very shiok eating this 

Cucumber Stirfry
I also loved the freshness of this dish. The cucumbers were sure sweet and crunchy.

Cabbage Stirfry

After lunch ... we continued our journey back to Changsha .... I snoozed as soon as we got into the car .... zzZZZZ .... so full and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...