Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 7 : Breakfast

Tianzhi International Hotel or Emperor International Hotel in English was where we stayed for 2 days. I thought served the worst breakfast.

Well, actually, there was a variety of dishes at the buffet ... There was rice, and many types of vegetables, sausages, steamed egg and all, ... but it was too early to be eating a meal of rice and dishes. Besides, I thought the food did not look very appetising, with most of the vegetables sitting in a layer of oil .... eeew ...

The noodle soup station, and the omelette stations at one corner had 2 long queues .... and I did not want to wait. 7.00 - 8.00 a.m. was the peak hour, as usual .... the place was so packed. The hotel even ran out of chopsticks and spoons. We had to wait for them to have the cutlery washed.

So that morning, I opted for a bowl of plain white porridge ....

Porridge with a bit of stir-fried bitter melon, deep-fried peanuts, fish, and pickled mustard.
The fish tasted a bit stale .. so I left that uneaten. 

And that was breakfast for 2 mornings in a row. The second morning, I reminded myself not to take the little fishes. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...