Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 6 : Lunch

Yayy! It's lunch time. Now let's see, what did we have? 


Corn soup
It was a hearty soup, quite umami .... but I was not really interested in the soup; I ladled up the corn to chew on .... they were not sweet nor crunchy ... but I just liked to have something to bite on

Egg omelette
It seems that we would have this every meal time; and the problem was I could never resist eggs. Loved them boiled, scrambled, fried, steamed .... it's the most versatile and the most delicious!

Braised pork belly
Eew .... thick layers of fat on the pork belly ... again I daren't eat the whole chunk .... I had to scrap off the fatty part; actually, the version at this restaurant was slightly sweet, so it was to my liking. Only that it was too fatty for me to enjoy.

Plain water convolvulus strifry
This seemed healthy to eat :) 

Fish in spicy sauce 
This was my favourite dish today; The flesh was sweet and soft, and complemented by the sweet and tangy, savoury and spicy sauce, only that I had to be careful with the bones

Today's lunch was not so impressive ... but who cared about food? I could not wait to go back to the mountains! MH promised that we would see spectacular views that afternoon! 

5 comments:

  1. "... but who cared about food?"

    From you of all people!:)

    I have to say, though, that the scenes in the pictures of the places you have visited are really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ... guess food didn't feel that important at that time, compared to the beautiful sights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a weakness for fatty pork. That explains why I am over 200 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, the sights are captivating. Rock pillars are clad in greens of varying hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pork belly too! But it'd rather they be lean, with just a bit of fat. :P

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...