Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 6 : Breakfast

Despite retiring quite late last night, I woke up early in the morning. And thankfully I did too .... because there was a power failure at 7.00 a.m. Not again?!! It was the second time I encountered a power outage this trip! How unfortunate.

At that time, I was getting ready to go downstairs .... but couldn't because I could not take the lift. I was not going to carry my heavy luggage from the 8th floor all the way down to the lobby. My friends and I were pondering what to do .... and in the midst of that, electricity turned back on. Yayy!! We were not going to delay another minute lest blackout occurred again , so we hurried downstairs with our bags.

Breakfast was on the first floor ... and the buffet was quite impressive. There were breads, dumplings, rice and noodles, and accompanying vegetables ... noodles and so on.

I wanted to take a photograph of the buffet spread but was stopped by the staff .... ahh ... well.

My plate ...
  1. A slice of bread with butter and strawberry jam
  2. A hard-boiled egg 
  3. A wedge of corn on cob, cooked in milk
  4. Egg fried rice 
  5. A ham and vegetable bao - this also tasted good ...
  6. A deep-fried spring roll - a bit soggy and greasy, but filled with potatoes; Taste wise, it was not bad
  7. Tomatoes - yums, fresh and sweet 
My second plate
  1. Rice and millet porridge - very nice consistency and fragrant 
  2. Preserved mustard - loved this salty and spicy and crunchy vegetable 
  3. Preserved beans - I did not like this very much ... 
  4. Preserved chopped vegetable which I could not identify - I did not like this too .. 
  5. Preserved olive - Neither did I appreciate this ...
After breakfast, we checked out to go to the next county in Zhangjiajie .... the famous Wulingyuan National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I just couldn't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...