Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 9 : Csx - Can - Kul

Yayy, it was time to go home. I woke up at 4.30 a.m. to get ready as we were leaving by 6.00 a.m. to Changsha Huanghua International Airport.

Checking out was a breeze, and thereafter, we drove through the early morning traffic to the airport. It took about 25 minutes to reach there.

The queue at the designated check in counters were quite long .... and it looked like we had to wait for a while. But with MH's help, we went to group check-in counter, at which we were second in the queue. Hence check-in was a breeze.

We then sat down to have breakfast .... Xianyun Shanshui Hotel had packed our breakfast for us. We had ...

Milk and 2 coconut buns ....

An apple and biscuit .... 

The biscuit .... which I did not like 

More biscuits and cakes .... 

Coconut pastry
Now this coconut pastry I liked. The pastry was like and flaky, while the coconut filling was gooey and chewy. Sweet, but really enjoyable. 

When we flew in to Changsha, we were served only a packet of peanuts and a bottle of water. So I assumed that we would not be getting any food for the short flight from Changsha back to Guangzhou. Apparently, I was wrong ...

Breakfast 
A wet towel and a bun ..... They'd run out of bottled water and was serving hot tea instead. I did not wish to drink tea ... and so was not served any drinks at all. 

Breakfast bun .... 

The bun was filled with a slice of ham, a miserable slice of cucumber and a squeeze of mayonnaise
It was served hot ... so I guess that made it edible. 

Before long, we reached Guangzhou .... and there was a storm outside. Typhoon Utor had hit the shores of Guangzhou the day before, causing floods. 

We transferred to the international terminal ... and had to go through 2 rounds of security checks and past the immigration .... and after that, we did have about 2 hours to spare. Our flight would depart at 1.00 p.m. We thought we would have lunch ... only that there was nothing much to eat .... A cup of coffee was RM50.00. That was atrocious, I thought. 

Waiting at Gate A111 ... 

Half an hour before our flight was due to depart, we boarded the plane. Then .... came the announcement that we would have to wait for an hour and a half before the flight would be allowed to depart, due to the heavy storm.  

Everyone groaned .... a four hour flight was going to be now near six hours long ..... sigh .... The leaned back in my seat and suddenly felt that it was so hard. My back ached .... I asked for a pillow but there was none for the economy coach. So I arched my back once in a while and changed my seating position to make myself more comfortable ...... I felt so restless throughout the flight. 

We were served our meal even before we took off. I was glad as I was hungry ....  

My lunch .... 
Well ... there was a roll and a cube of butter .... that was nice. Then , in the saucer was kelp salad, which was quite delicious. For my main course, I wanted Chicken with Rice. The chicken was cooked in a mild curry, which I thought was quite nice. I finished everything on the plate ..... I guessed I had to be really hungry. :P

Even after the meal trays were cleared, we still sat waiting in the plane .... we were still grounded. Nearly 2 hours later, we lined up the runway and took off ..... 

By the time we landed at KLIA, it was 6.45 p.m. I was stiff and I was hungry and thirsty .... and I needed some fresh air!!! I hurried off the plane, went past the immigration, claimed my bags and rushed to catch at train to KL Sentral. I could not wait to see Berry!!

2 comments:

  1. Your flight routes are different from mine. From Changsha I flew to Shenzhen and then Kota Kinabalu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see. There are many ways to get there. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...