Sunday, October 18, 2015

98 Kopitiam

It was already 1.00 p.m., a bit late for lunch.... and I couldn't think of any suitable place to eat. So we ended up at 90 Kopitiam at Stutong. I found the place to be dirty .... with lots of flies flying around and dogs in the vicinity. The food wasn't nice too, the quality inferior.

Lok Lok, RM3.00
Practically tasteless

Nasi Ayam Penyet, RM7.50
It looked sorry, but luckily the sambal was edible

Claypot porridge, RM4.50

I should have brought them to places like Cafe Cafe or Cheese & Tea where they were rice to eat all day long ..... But in fact, this kiddo missed homecooked food and she would rather I bring her to my house and cook her a meal by myself. Well, next time, I would cook her something.

My favourite kiddo CN was rejected of her application to read law at UKM. In fact, she did not get any offer to any university. So when her friends were all getting ready to go to the various universities in the country, CN appealed for a place .... and just 3 weeks ago, was admitted to UNIMAS for a course in business studies. I had only found out about it recently, to today I arranged to bring her out for a while.

It was my first time to UNIMAS ... I'd never gone there before. While the campus was huge, some buildings looked like they needed a new coat of paint. I also visited the hostel - CN's room was small and generally, the whole place didn't really look comfortable and conducive. Poor kiddo ... hang in there. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...