Saturday, October 17, 2015

I Want it Pink

Today's noodles was from Stall 15 Min Kee at the Kenyalang Wet Market. I had enjoyed the "pink" kolo mee the last time I had bought from here. It was pink from the bit of char siew sauce which got into the noodles, and that bit of char siew flavour was so subtle and yet it flirted with my palate. I totally enjoyed the noodles that morning,  and I had looked forward to reprising the experience.

Today, I ordered it "red", meaning that I requested for the noodles to be flavoured with the red char siew sauce. And hmn .... I don't like it at all today.



Today, the noodles were soggy and wet ... and the red char siew sauce made the noodles taste sweet. Hmn ... next time I would have to go back and order it "pink" instead of "red".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...