Sunday, October 11, 2015

Homemade Quickie Beef Patty

I wanted a good beef patty for my bread. But I couldn't get one, standing at the frozen foods section of my local supermarket. I did not want anything with too much starch and flavouring - too processed. So there wasn't a single product with stood out for me.

Hence, what to do? I'd make my own beef patty. And guess what? It turned out to be really good.

Homemade Quickie Beef Patty 
on 2 slices of bread, cucumbers, tomatoes and served with egg mayo

I bought 200g of lean freshly minced beef ... and to that I added 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, 1 whole egg, a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper. I gave everything a good stir. Then I spooned a dollop of mince onto my airfryer pan, and pressed and shaped it.

Then I airfried it for about 8 minutes at 180 degrees. It was cooked by 8 minutes, but then I flipped it over and placed a slice of cheddar over the patty, and grilled for another 4 minutes at 180 degrees. Then it was ready to eat!

I served my beef patty of cucumbers and tomatoes on 2 slices of bread. Squeeze some egg mayo on it .... and it tasted so good sans starch, sans preservatives, sans flavour enhancers. So simple and so easy and I did not even dirty my hands!

Guess I'll be making my own beef patty from now onwards ... :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...