Friday, October 16, 2015

Homemade Meat Rolls

My colleague, J is keenly interested in cooking. Her dream is to own her own food business one day. She tells me that she can make anything - I'd just have to name it and she can make it! I'm in awe! Salute to J!

Recently, she's been making meat rolls for sale. She makes them from fresh ingredients which she sources from the market - i.e. the freshest minced pork and fish. 1kg of fish is RM22.00, she tells me, complaining about the rising cost of ingredients.

However, she still markets her wares at affordable prices. 2 pieces of meat rolls - deep-fried and ready to eat - are sold at only RM4.90. 

Homemade Meat Roll

I tried the meat roll today - very compact and springy and quite tasty, and kind of reminded me of Mom's homely cooking. It was very nice, except that meat rolls aren't really my favourite food. I also did detect onions in there, and it's my personal preference NOT to have onions in my meat rolls.

Anyway, I appreciate her effort - much hard work went into making these rolls. She's making stuffed tofu next ... and I can't wait to try them. : )).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...