Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Rosemary Chicken (With Butter)

I was given a sprig of rosemary this morning by my colleague, N. It was a long sprig, and I cut it into two. I planted half in my pot and I hope that it will grow! The other half, I decided to make rosemary chicken with.

Homegrown by N

I chopped up the rosemary with 2 cloves of garlic and mixed it with a dollop of butter. Then I washed and pat dry the chicken - it was a deboned chicken drum. Then I seasoned it with salt and pepper. Next I inserted the butter mixture between the skin and the flesh.

Stuffed rosemary and garlic butter under the skin

Then I airfried it skin side down for 8 minutes at 180 degrees, and then skin side up for another 8 minutes at 180 degrees - with a slice of lemon and some carrots.

My version of Rosemary Chicken

Meanwhile I blanched some mustard and stir-fried rice with butter. Before long, I could have my meal ...

I must say that I'm glad it turned out very nice ... I loved the aromatic flavour of the herbs and also the sour zing that came from the lemon. Very nice. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...