Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dry Laksa @ Fu Cafe

There's a whole row of coffee shops at Ban Hock Road .... and we chose to eat at Fu Cafe because S wanted to try the "dry" laksa. 

Dry Laksa, RM6.50
It's a laksa-flavoured stir-fried rice vermicelli, served with sambal, lime, fried-chicken and Dahfa crisps. We found the flavour of the noodles to be too subtle or too confused .... it had to be stronger in flavour. For this reason, I prefer the laksa stir-fry at Courtyard Cafe at Wisma Nation Horizon at Petanak. 

Red Kolo Mee, RM3.00
The kolo mee here is good! Flavourful and aromatic and irresistable; Both S and I enjoyed it.  

Kaya Toast, RM1.20
The kaya toast was so-so; not that great 

Then it's off to school because there were a few deadlines to meet today! More documents to be processed and submitted to the school authorities ....

3 comments:

  1. that dry laksa looks like some plain fried meehoon to me...but the kolo mee is very appetizing (judging from its look)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the dry laksa is innovative, but doesn't taste good. I prefer conventional laksa. The noodles do taste great! I'd go back just for that.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...