Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Breakfast @ Auntie Hong's Cooking

It is now open on Sundays. The food, in fact, was quite nice. The waiting time, however, needs improvement. We waited a long time for our food. And they were dished out at different times. As a result, while one ate, the others looked. One would finish his or her food, before another's even arrived!

We had ...

Kolo Mee, RM3.20
The noodles were Q and fragrant, and the meat and mushroom mixture was tasty. Overall, it was yum. My friend rated it 8 out of 10. But, where is the char siu? Hmn ... for me, authentic kolo mee needs to have char siu and minced meat. Otherwise, it's not kolo mee at all ....

Kacangma Chicken,
Hmn ... there were 3 pieces of chicken in the bowl. The chicken was very soft and totally infused with the kacangma herbs. The broth was diluted, but sweet. It tasted alright, but I would not mind a thicker broth a bit more of ginger and herbs.

The rice that came together with the Kacangma, RM8.50 per set
Hmn ... I thought I was having nasi lemak. The sambal was piquant and fragrant. Not bad, except that it felt rather strange to be having it with Kacangma chicken.

Nyonya Fried Mee, RM6.00
I thought it looked like ordinary fried noodles. Taste wise, it was not bad, but not spicy and salty enough for me. Perhaps I was a bit biased, because when I saw the name, I was expecting the noodles to be like Madam Lim's Malacca Char Mee.

Mee Suah, RM6.00
I had the soup, and I liked it. I'd have this next time. ;))

Braised Pork With Egg
Tasted nice, had a home-cook feel to it and reminds me of home.

Meat roll
The meat filling tasted firm and Q. Not bad, and reminded me again of Mom. :))

Hmn ... I'd say that the food here isn't bad. What I don't like is that I have to ask for the condiments because they do not accompany the food. What's kolo mee without pickled red chillies? And where is my black soy sauce to eat with my kacangma and mee suah? How about some ground chilli for my braised pork? Hmn ... these are little bits of inconveniences, but they ARE inconvenient all the same. That looked into and if they will be more efficient in preparing the food, I think they'll do very well. For me, I'm happy there's another place to eat in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...