Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Durians

I told Mom I wanted to eat durians. But they weren't in season. At the market, I saw a miserable 3 pieces sold at a vegetable stall. Then, outside the market, there was a group of old folks surrounding a few more pieces of durian. That was it.

When I came home from the market, however, Dad opened the car boot and carried out a basinful! Yippie! I was ecstatic. They came from my Uncle's orchard. Geez, I still could not believe that my wish was granted just like that!

Many, many durians ... 

So that afternoon, we had durians for lunch. The fruits were fresh, sweet, creamy, buttery - like a rich concoction of banana and caramel custard.




Lol. I guess it had been too long since my last durian-eating spree. I stuffed myself silly with 16 seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...