Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kolo Mee @ Young Kee

Mom and I walked to the market despite the rain. I needed the exercise, and Mom wanted to buy a veg to cook for dinner tonight. There weren't many people there due to the bad weather. So it just took a short while to buy what Mom needed.

After that, we went upstairs to the food court, where the breakfast crowd was enjoying their favourite dishes from their favourite stalls. I headed straight to Young Kee, my favourite noodle stall at the market.

There, I ordered the Kolo Mee Special.

 Kolo Mee Special, RM3.30

Well, the noodles were tossed and then topped with fresh ingredients, such as pork slices, fish balls and fish cake, intestines. The noodles is served with a chilli slices in vinegar, and also a small bowl of clear soup. The soup had some salted vegetables and a sprinkle of beansprouts. 

Noodles & soup

The noodles smelt great, very fragrant indeed. At the bottom of the bowl is broth, oils and sauces, which I had to mix well to coat the noodles before I tucked in. The noodles were very Q and so it was very pleasant to eat. The soup was piping hot, for which I was glad because I was freezing cold. 

So, for RM3.30, I was treated to a hot, yummy breakfast. I'd not say that it's healthy, but I suppose I could afford being unhealthy once in a while. ;p   

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the guy with glass & wearing all white. The great thing about his kolo mee is that it's not oily unlike some stall's. Never try his special though. And the soup, I always asked for 2 bowls. His stall doesn't open every day. I noticed that Mon, Tue & sometimes Wed isn't open but weekend yes.
    Still at Kenyalang market, if you're into tomato mee try Ah Hwa stall. His mee is kolo Q mee slightly crispy. I hate the type where it's deep fried, too crispy & oily. The guy's very robust type, always busy cooking & at the same time talking to customers and other stall owners in a loud friendly voice. The tomato sauce isn't that sweet but can be a bit oily sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonsey, yes, my mom calls him "The Man In Glasses". Lols. I do like his normal kolo mee too - the one with char siu and minced meat. Not sure of his opening days. Will try Ah Hwa soon, hopefully. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...