Monday, August 13, 2012

Kiwi Fruit

Recently, I have been fond of eating kiwi fruits. I like to eat them whole rather than sliced. That means, I will peel the furry skin off the entire piece of fruit before I bite into the pretty green flesh inside. That way, I get to enjoy a large chunk of the sweet yet tart, and refreshing fruit. Yum.





To me though, it is quite tedious to peel the fruit. It's the part that I dislike the most. I usually use a serrated knife to do this, and it takes me up to 5 minutes to finish peeling one fruit. I wish there is a kiwi fruit peeler. Is there?

5 comments:

  1. I cut them in half and use a tea spoon to scoop out the flesh. If you work the spoon round the edge the complete contents of each half come out in one go leaving just the thin skin behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Philip. I do that too sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skin is actually edible. Scrape off the hair with a spoon and wash it off under running tap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? I didn't know that. I may just give that suggestion a try later on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt that from a Chinese Program. Don't know how the taste is like.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...