Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dinner @ Zaika

"Long time no see," the waiter greeted us.

Well, yeah. We hadn't come here in a while. But for a special occasion of a farewell that night, we ordered for our appetiser ...

Chicken Koliwada, RM16.00
Tender chicken cubes wrapped in mint and spinach and served with a yoghurt sauce.
I enjoyed the chicken, which was tender and tasty, and I suppose it would not be wrong to say that it reminded me of kebab.

There was 30% off the tandoori menu because of Ramadhan, and so we had the ...

Panjabi Chicken Tikka, RM25,00
A spicy chicken skewer with Panjabi spices
Chicken breast was used, which I did not really fancy, even though the meat was not dry and was rather tender. It had a smoky flavour from the tandoor.

Of course, I had to have ....

Plain Naan, RM5.00 
The naan was absolutely yum. I loved the chewy texture.

And our mains ...

From the top, clockwise : A plain Basmati rice, RM5.00;  Red snapper fish curry, RM26.50; Bhindi Naintaraa, RM10.00; Mutton Rogan Josh, RM32.50.

Hmn ... the rice was very loose. I liked it. The Red Snapper curry had always been my favourite as I enjoyed the play of spices in the gravy. We polished off the fish curry in no time and asked for MORE gravy. The restaurant accommodated our request. It was nice of them.

The ladies finger was rather yum too. They were cooked in tomatoes, onions and spices, and I thought the flavours complemented each other well.

The mutton was tender and I preferred it with rice than the naan. Hmn ... somehow for me, the rice brought out the flavour of the curry more.

The damage? RM180.00 for four of us, inclusive of drinks. It was an occasional treat, but most importantly, I loved the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...