Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Raya Snacks

My school clerk takes orders for Raya goodies every year. Well, she doesn't make them herself. But she knows of people who do. So she is like the middle-person.

Every year, she sells these peanuts. Each peanut is covered with a spicy coating. For the past few Raya, I'd purchase a packet for my own consumption.

Half a kilogramme sells for RM12.00
Freshly-made, crunchy, spicy and very addictive. Once you start to eat them, it's difficult to stop! They are made in Kuching, and sent to Miri by bus.

This year, my clerk sells muruku too, and since I can never resist muruku, I bought a packet.

300g for RM8.00 
The muruku tastes a bit like Mom's curry flavoured snack. It has a hint of cumin and curry leaves, was crunchy and all. I did not like it much, though.

As soon as I bought them, I opened them up to share with my colleagues in the office, so we had the opportunity to munch these Raya snacks while chatting ... it's not every day that I get to sit around and talk to my colleagues so it was a rather enjoyable catch up time for me!

After that, however, I started to feel a slight discomfort in the throat ........... ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...