Sunday, August 12, 2012

Snacking In The Afternoon

My whole problem was that I had the tendency to snack. So I was walking around at Merdeka Mall in search of the book shop - I had never been there before and was looking to buy red pens, it being the exam season and I would be marking a lot - and came across Wilton Bakery.

The curry puffs looked great - fresh and firm. RM1.50 per piece, so I decided to get myself one. Then I went upstairs and there was a food and drinks outlet, and from there, I bought a skewer of tofu rolls. RM2.00 per skewer of 3 pieces. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure of the name of the shop.

 Curry Puff 

The filling
Hmn ... it was not great, I would say. The pastry was not tasty and the filling too seemed to be a bit too sweet. 

The tofu rolls

Well, it's tofu or beancurd skin wrapped around a mixture of filling. 

I really have no idea what was in there - probably processed meat and vegetables. It sure was not healthy but the rolls tasted alright. 

Hmn .... my craving was satisfied, but then guilt crept in ............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...