Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dinner @ Maxim

This is not a place that we come often for dinner. But since we needed to buy some things at the nearby mall later in the night, we thought it'd be most convenient to eat there.

At 7.00 p.m., there was a sizeable crowd eating. We stood in front of a glass display case and pointed out what we wanted to eat. It was sure easy to order, because we were able to visualise the menu. 

We wanted ...

Tofu, Fish paste, sweet pea & carrot stir-fry
The gravy tasted alright. I liked the springy and chewy fish paste.
 
 Tom yum fish
Hmn. The tom yum paste was not too spicy for me, but I thought it had to be a bit more salty to bring out the  tom yum flavour. The fish by itself was fresh and sweet, though.

Sweet & sour pork ribs
The meat was tender, but the sauce which coated the ribs were a bit too sour. I like a sweeter variety.

Spinach in century egg & dried shrimps
My favourite dish of the night. Spinach tasted great with century eggs, and the dried shrimps added a burst of flavour to the bite. 

My friends and I also enjoyed a pre-dinner snack - yam chips.

Yam chips, RM4.00 per container. 3 containers sold for RM10.00
The yam was sliced very thinly and deep-fried, and then coated with flavouring. It was an enjoyable snack, and could get addictive. W** could not resist and bought 3 containers to take away. I was so tempted to get them myself, but of course ... I had to control my urges. 

Well, I'd say that this is a pleasant place to have dinner, and perhaps, we'd come back more often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...