Monday, August 6, 2012

Venture to Ramadhan Bazaar

"Auntie, Nasi Briyani?" a young man called out to me.

Auntie? Well, excuse me! Who's Auntie?? Certainly not me, and I was not going to buy from someone who just called me Auntie.

This is my second trip to the Bazaar this Ramadhan. And today, I felt like a glutton for buying so much.

 Sardine Puffs, 3 for RM1.00
Yummy ... I love sardines in pastry. I can never resist them. These puffs were freshly made, and filled with sardines, potatoes and onions. I love them!
 Begedil Skewer, RM1.00 & Kuih Cara, 3 pieces for RM1.00
The begedil savoury and pretty yum. The Kuih Cara, though, was not so nice. I felt that it was a bit soft, and perhaps undercooked. I also did not like the minced shrimp filling in there. I prefer Kuih Cara filled with beef.

Nasi Lemak with Deep-fried Chicken Thigh, RM7.80
Yummmm .... what can go wrong with nasi lemak and fried chicken?

Seriously, I think the Bazaar at the Indoor Stadium Car Park is much more interesting, with many stalls selling cooked dishes, Briyani, noodles, kuih and what not. "No need to cook at all this month," my colleagues said. But for me, I am limiting myself to go only once in a week, lest I overeat this Ramadhan. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...