Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Korean Mochi QQ Bread

Hmn. I hadn't had the Korean mochi or QQ bread for a long time. I first ate it in Singapore years back. And then after that, it was available only for a very short while here in Miri from Hot Cross Buns. But that was also a long time ago, and I had near forgotten the existence of this bread.

Till this week when I went to Seed Pastry House and found that they actually made and sold this! Yippie. Immediately, I bought some.

Cheese Korea QQ Bread, RM1.00

It's quite fun to eat the QQ bread, as it's chewy in texture. There are 2 types sold here, one with black sesame and the other with cheese. I've tried both, and I think the black sesame one tastes better. The cheese variety isn't as savoury as I would like it to be.

When I was at Seed's the other day, there were 2 ladies looking the mochi bread too. I guess I am amused because the demand for it is just so great!! Do try it! You'd love it too!

2 comments:

  1. I always get hungry reading your blog ;-) . Anyway thanks for the food reviews, now I know where to go & what to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I love food and to talk about food, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...