Thursday, August 2, 2012

Excapade Sushi

We arrived about 5.30 p.m., and were given till 6.45 p.m. to eat. Then we had to vacate. What did we eat?

Wakame
Very yum, enhanced by the taste of good quality sesame oil and sesame seeds

Edako
The gravy was nice, it was just that it wasn't thawed well enough ... so it felt abit icky ... 
 
Edamame

Chawanmushi

Salmon Skin
Cruncy and savoury salmon skin ... I liked it .... 

Soft Shell Crab Tempura
My favourite item ... sweetness of the crab and the savoury batter ... yum .. 

Salmon Skin Temaki (L) and Soft Shell Crab Temaki (R)
I enjoyed my Soft Shell Crab Temaki too ....

Salmon & Avocado Roll

Unagi Nigiri

Salmon Maki

Unagi & Cheese Sandwich

Salmon Sashimi
This is a must-order item for me ... I just love the thick slices of fresh salmon 

Hmn ... somehow this meal was not really as fun. Perhaps because of the time limit set - it felt like we had to rush eating even though we did not actually rush. Service as not good too, we had to wait quite a while before someone bothered to come to take our orders. And there weren't even that many people eating at that time! Plus, no one bothered to put up new sushi items on the kaiten belt. For at least half an hour, there were the same 9 saucers on the belt which no one wanted to take. So, for the first half an hour, we were just waiting and waiting and waiting .... 

 How much did we pay for the meal? B$65.00. Was it cheap? Hmn .... I actually do not think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...