Monday, March 26, 2012

Guava

Right in the centre of our backyard is a guava tree. This tree is 27 years old already! It bore us a lot of fruits in its prime. I remember one Chinese New Year when we harvested so many, that all visitors who came calling could enjoy fresh guava alongside the usual Chinese New Year fare.

Unfortunately, the main trunk is now diseased, but occasionally, the tree still bears fruits. This time, there is a big fruit hanging low on a branch, waiting for me ;)).

Big guava
It weighed 750g

This tree bears good quality guava fruits. It's crunchy, sweet and a little sour too.

Yum organic guava from the backyard

Guava is a great fruit, and is said to be able to lower the blood sugar level. So members of my family are a big fan. Fifth Aunt is said to eat a number of kilograms a week. I remember a time too when Grandma wanted to have guava daily. Me? I love guava too, and to have a tree that bears yummy fruits (sometimes) right at the back of the house is just wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! My favourite fruit, besides the durian that is, haha! I prefer to eat them ripe - softer and juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Durian is my first love too! It's the one fruit I cannot resist every time in season!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...