Sunday, March 11, 2012

Szechuan Mustard Pork Belly Stew

Hmn. I'd been wanting to cook this dish for a long time. And today, I decided to cook it for tonight's dinner.

Szechuan Mustard
Washed, soaked and then sliced before cooking

Aromatics
Chillies, garlic and ginger

Beancurd Sticks
Soaked and cut

Pork belly, sliced thickly

Saute aromatics in a bit of oil, then add sliced Szechuan mustard and pork belly. Stir-fry for a short while and add water. Braise till flavours are infused. The longer it is braised, the thicker the gravy and the more robust the flavour.

Szechuan Mustard Pork Belly Stew

Serve hot with rice. Mom did not like my cooking most of the time (lol!), but she liked this stew. Dad did not really fancy fatty pork. ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...