Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pizzas For Everyone

I ordered a dozen pizzas from Our Daily Bread today, probably the most number of pizzas that I'd ever bought in my life so far. Lol.

Barbecue Chicken Pizza
A tomato sauce based pizza, topped with barbecue chicken strips, mushrooms, herbs and baked with cheese

Toni Pepperoni Pizza
Tomato based pizza topped with onion, beef pepperoni, and baked with mozarella and cheddar cheese.

Hawaiian Pizza
Fresh tomato base, layered with pineapple and turkey squares and finished with cheese.
sa
Farmer's Delight Pizza
Napolitana based pizza with minced meat and potatoes, and finished with cheese and herbs.

They are all RM14.00 each for a medium-sized pizza which serves 8. Of the lot, my favourite is the Farmer's Delight Pizza, which to me has the best flavour. It has to be because of the Napolitana sauce, essentially a tomato sauce but flavoured with garlic, onions, celery, parsley, and basil. I also loved the bits of minced beef in there, which gave the pizza some bite. I did not really fancy potatoes, but then, the potatoes here were sliced quite thinly that it did not feel icky to eat. So, if you asked me, I'd recommend Farmer's Delight Pizza anytime.

Anyway, today's pizzas were in honour of my students, the STPM candidates who received their results at noon. There were also for their teachers who had put in a lot of effort teaching them and preparing for the examination. The result? We achieved a 100% pass for the first time since 2006, and also a CGPA of 2.9. Kudos, kids!! There were no straight A's, however, and that dampened the mood slightly. Otherwise, today would have been a perfect day.

It is my hope that most if not all of these students will pursue their studies to the university. All the very best to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...