Friday, March 9, 2012

Water

After 4 days, I'd finished drinking this amount of water.

Empty bottles to be recycled

Lol. Recently, I made a very important discovery. I read somewhere that drinking water first thing in the morning helps to burn fat and build muscles. It burns energy and increases fat loss. Drinking a lot of water helps to digests food too.

I'm not sure whether there is any scientific proof to what I'd read. I'm not sure to what extent that it is true. It's up to an individual to believe, I suppose. Well, I'm not a health freak. But now that I realise the wonderful things that water can do to my body, I try to drink more.

Hence, imagine my panic when contamination occurred in our waters here in Miri. When water came back on, it smelled very strongly of diesel. LAKU proclaimed it save to drink, but of course, I dared not take the risk. It smelled toxic to me. I was grateful to purchase 2 cartons on Sunday when most Mirians went on bottled-water-buying frenzy. Today, I got another carton of 1.5L bottles for my own consumption. Till when will the water be rid of the stench of diesel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...