Friday, March 30, 2012

OPI NLB76

I decided to wear a bold shade of orange-red this time. I'm into orange or tangerine or peach colour now.

OPI NLB6
This is from the South Beach Collection, and this colour is called On Collins Ave. It is one of the colours in the Spring 2009 collection. It looks orange in the dim light, but when in brightness, it is in a very rich shade of red. Love it!

Today, Sammi, the manicurist, disclosed a very important piece of information. She said that nail colours should not be left on for too long as it dries up the nails. The base, the varnish and the top coats all seal the nails tight and they are not able to breathe. So, if left on for more than 3 weeks, we would risk getting dry and brittle nails. Geez, I really did not know that.

Often, I'd leave the colours on because it was darn difficult to clean salon professional nails. I'd rub and rub but the varnish stubbornly stays on. Sammi suggested to buy a better quality remover, or to leave the remover on for some time on the nails before rubbing it out. Okie, guess I'll do just that after 3 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...