Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Key Problems

Early this morning, my neighbour, R******* asked for help. She'd dropped her key pouch at the market nearby and could not find it. Her car keys and a bit of money were in there. Because she could not get into her car where her house keys were, she could not get into her house too.

Hmn. I perfectly knew how she felt. I could think of at least 3 incidents last year when I drove home only to realise that I had misplaced my keys. It was not a great feeling at all. But I was luckier than her I suppose. I'd managed to find my keys back each time, the most miraculous time was when I carelessly left my key pouch atop my car and drove off. The whole pouch dropped along the road outside my workplace. It was picked up by someone who passed it to another, but it finally ended up in the hands of my student and she returned it to me 2 days later. I learned an important lesson.

My office keys, however, I always misplace. Lol. I'd left it in the toilet, in the office, in the classrooms and sometimes on my table. I almost always lock myself out and have to rely on my colleague to open the door. Lol. So nowadays, before leaving my office, I have the habit of checking that I have my keys with me. It is indeed very troublesome to get locked out.

Anyway, I tried to smash the lock for R******* this morning, but failed to do so. It was a tough little padlock! My dad tried to prick it open, but of course that was not possible too. We called someone who had a metal cutter, but he was only available after 9.00 a.m. Finally, we looked for the mechanic who stayed opposite and he agreed to help open the lock of her car which she left at the market. That did it, and she could finally enter her house!

It was not her first time, either, getting locked out. She'd gotten the padlock cut so many times that she had lost count. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...